Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Rachel Ooi: My turn! =)

WOW. Suddenly there's a whole flurry of activity here!! No one can say we 5s1-ers aren't efficient people man!!

And hmmm.... I'm supposed to update about myself. Well, basically, *grins sheepishly*, I've been... around... for the last 6 months or so. Most of you whom I've kept in touch with already know most of it, but let's just refresh for those who don't alright?

June- Rachel finishes A-level at Taylor's.
July- Rachel goes on mission trip to Cambodia. Rachel volunteers at Kiwanis Down Syndrome Home.
August- Rachel goes to work as a temporary full-time telemarketer selling personal accident insurance(Those who don't know what's that, ask me. Heck, ask me about insurance! If my company did do their job properly, and I my homework, I have quite a bit of insurance knowledge in my head =D )
late September- Rachel stops work to study for SAT and to apply UCAS. (For those who're going to ask why didn't I apply the year before- long, complicated story.)
October- Rachel sits for SAT1. And she can't remember what she did for the rest of that month=)
November- Rachel can't remember anything productive she did for the month, except study for SAT2 (Do remember that it's almost 5 months since she did any real studying and that she has a very very short term memory). She recalls a myriad of movies, yumcha sessions, singing k sessions and blogging =)
December- Rachel slaves through US applications and essays, attends church camp and visits the whole of North-East China.
January- Rachel goes back to volunteering at Kiwanis as a quarter-time volunteer (that's what u call someone who volunteers less than what a part-timer would right?).

The future- foggy and uncertain. But Rachel will definitely be a medical student at the Monash Malaysia campus for the February semester. After that? My guess is as good as yours. =)

I don't think anyone posted up the December reunion photo here, so I shall do the honours =D

If you can't recognise some of the people, you know you're in DEEP trouble and should seek emergency treatment at this blog immediately. What treatment? Ask Flo =P

I'm done! OH yES, one last thing- see my name on your right? All it takes is one click. And you'll be on your way to my blog! One of the few wonders of technology I actually love... besides my handphone, msn, freely accessible Happy Tree Friends and other stuff I'm too lazy to mention. Maybe I don't love them enough...

Ah yes the only reason I did this tag in the first place- I TAG:
1) crap can't think of anyone- Timothy (if the busy man finds time to visit this site)
2) Li Hong (at least I'm certain he visits)
3) Sue Lynn ( no idea whether she visits or not)
4) Yin Shean ( She might visit )
5) Wai Lam ( I think he visits)
6) Sue Bee ( I have no idea)
7) Xin Ni (Likewise)
8) I know I'm cheating =)

YES I'm really done. Happy posting!!

MISS YOU ALL!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU!!

With love,
Rachel Ooi

P.S. There yi ning... a long, long post, just the way you like it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oops...i really can't recognise 2 of them. The second line, second from the left and second from the right. Who r them??? wait. is that yin shean?

Anonymous said...

Sorry, forgot to put my name. I'm mei wen. ( shouldn't say it actually huh...Oi, those 2 ppl don't belasah me k?!)

Flo said...

Yup, Yin Shean and I think you meant Rachael Teh..

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!