Sunday, November 30, 2008

Even entitling this is difficult

So I was visiting this site for the first time since our last gathering, and I'm blown away. Swept off my feet, gripping-tightly-onto-nearest-lamp-post-for-dear-life blown away.

I totally agree with xj and yn on the pressure to produce an interesting, thought-provoking or at least MATURE-sounding post here, considering the posts li hong and xing ji have been churning out.

So I sat in front of my screen and thought for a long time what wisdom had i gathered so far in this year that was actually worth sharing.

Still thinking. Haha.

Value. How much do you think you're worth? We agree to RM5 an hour in McD's. Are you worth that RM5? Or more? Or less?

Forgive and forget. Are you sure you've forgiven that someone? Or did you just try your best to forget the pain and convince yourself it's forgiveness? My psychology lecture dictates 5 steps to dealing with -ve emotions:
-Recall the hurt
-Empathise
-Altruistic gift of forgiveness
-Commit yourself to forgiveness
-Hold onto the forgiveness i.e. not forgetting

We're busy people. How would you score on this test?
-Are you happy?
-Do you have a zest for living?
-Are you socially adjusted?
-Do you have unity and balance?
-Can you deal with each problem in your life as it arises?
-Do you have insight?
-Do you have a confidential relationship with some other person?
-Do you have a sense of the ridiculous?

-Are you engaged in satisfying work?
-Do you worry effectively?


Hope your busyness (if there's such a word) isn't for naught. Purpose.

We've all made BFF promises. When's the last time you sent him/her an sms/email just because?

A visiting unchurched child in my church hugged me tightly and asked, "Teacher if I miss you then how?" When's the last time you were this frank?

Dang now I feel like I'm some naggy mum with an apron and a cane. I hope this doesn't come off as a lecture. Cuz I felt as though I was being lectured to when I typed this. Painful.

Christmas is beckoning =)

Without the way there is no going,
Without the truth there is no knowing,
Without the life there is no living.

~Thomas Kempis~

Will continue thinking =)

Love you all.

P.S. BFF= Best Friends Forever
P.P.S Xing Ji, Li Hong- you two are my current only sources of political education. Just so you know =)

No comments: