Sunday, July 09, 2006

study till you drop

That's typically what I do in college these days. (Nothing else to do, really. That, and the heavyweight responsibility I have to live up to as a scholar.) Yup, it's only the 2nd week into studies... approaching the 3rd week soon. 3 months to AS... struggling to finish notes / fight for food among approximately 500 other KTT dudes and dudettes / get what SEEMS like adequate sleep (well, somewhat... 4 hours in the night, then add another 1/2 in the afternoon... *glassy-eyed zombie takes her place in the classroom and winces at grammatical errors or protests what lecturer says every now and then*)

Come to think of it... if we had people like XingJi, Tim, Li Hong, Chun Wei, etc. over here, we won't be able to budge from chapter to chapter like what we've finally managed to commence on doing at the present. (The lecturer would be too busy rectifying him/herself and getting confused at the refutations and bizarre questions piped up at every other second.)

Or, they could just throw their weight around and do it their way:

REAL INCIDENT DURING CHEM CLASS

Classmate: Sir, why is it that some atoms in certain molecules don't have to reach the octet structure?

Lecturer: Oh... well... you don't have to know that. It's not in the syllabus.

lalala~

Oh, and I realised that I couldn't live without some things @ college:

1. Insect spray

VERY VERY IMPORTANT!!! Apparently I've been dubbed as an expert killer of cockroaches. The other 3 of my roommates are either frightened / can't care less about the roaches roaming the floors we step on each day. My current record is 2 a week. :P Oh, this object has to be paired up with a good pair of bathroom slippers. (Jungle roaches are very strong. You have to stomp at each *at least* thrice to end its life.)

2. Plastic bags

I reuse plastic bags over and over again to keep stuff, carry stuff, throw stuff into. I can't imagine life without plastic. Too handy.

3. Sticky tape

Thank God for the inventor of cellotape / masking tape, etc... I don't know what I'll do without them... Glue dries up really slow and you can't staple everything you want to stick together.

4. Memo papers

I have half a dozen in irregular sequence pasted all over on the wall where my study desk is situated.

And last but not least...

5. CLOTHES PEGS

VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY ON WINDY DAYS!!! I have witnessed a fallen shirt, a fallen pair of shorts on my balcony, a FALLING shirt, a fallen piece of apparel you wouldn't feel very comfortable having to knock on the door of your neighbour's downstairs to collect back for (and I and my other roommate thought it was really one of my roommate's. XD Awkward situation, that. But extremely educational, though. I never quite viewed pegs as an object that would save much embarrassment.)

Sigh. Still miss the old days of school, though. College is just so stale in comparison.

Have a great week ahead, you guys. :)

While I will... subjugate myself to the title above, heh. :P

5 comments:

Sui Yuan said...

Swt spammer ?? Btw Flo, wat was the piece of apparel ppl wun feel comfy colelcting ?? Undergarment i spose ??

Dun u guys hav lik numbers of ur initials on ur clothes ??

Cheers

Flo said...

Yup, and nope. Can't be bothered, actually. :P (I mean, do *you* write your initials on your undergarments .question mark) :P

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Latest stock exchange tips Wide fromat plotters hartford website design Home surveillance system wireless infiniti g20 2000 strategy roulette Funny volvo car wash spoof