Friday, September 01, 2006

Hello, people :)

How's everyone doing? Hope everything's fine.

Haha... My mid sem ended 2 weeks ago, but I doubt I'll get my results before the next exam, which is in less than 3 weeks. (PRE AS!!! *SCREAMS*!!!) Hopefully I get all As though, I'm not sure what I'll get for Chem and Phys.

Too much to do, too little time. Ironic. I had too much time before college started. And now I don't have time at all!

Okay, since I'm trying to minimise talking about how strenous studying is over here... Let me tell you more about my college.

SMELL

Why is it that perpetually everywhere I go, I tend to have to face weird smells? The computer lab smells musty, a part of the walkway smells pungent (seriously... it epitomises the word 'sengit'... worse than chloroform), from my room I smell haze on some evenings, the chem lab smells of sulphur half the time... thank goodness for homeostasis. XD

SOUNDS

There are a LOT of nocturnal sounds in my college late at night... The lizards cluck so loudly they give me sudden frights in the night. And there's the infamous Screaming In The Middle of the Night. Sometimes, there's Daniel Beddingfield, too. And the gush of the waterfall exercising physics laws at ungodly hours (the pressure is directly proportional to height one): there's no pipe for water flow, it just cascades down and hits the cement ground on the floor of my apartment (see: Principle of Conservation of Energy).

MERDEKA

Our country's Independence Night celebration saw me seated on the balcony of my classmate's apartment, munching burgers, eating Oreos, and watching the little celebration in front of the main block of my college. It made me miss CHS's brilliant dramas. I still remember Hitler from 2 years back! But I realised this was the first time ever I was celebrating something that is supposed to bear so much meaning 49 years ago. However, what flummoxed me was why the Pengarah of my college and the Pegawai Daerah Sepang was so un-intune with the Merdeka theme. Their speeches were loaded with praises of KTT. :P Presentations were simple, mostly done by the Diploma students. But yeah, they were okay. There was this funny dance... 1 guy surrounded by 6 girls. Very funny! Then nearing the chime of 12, the lecturers all went up the make-shift stage and did the countdown. Then it drizzled. :)
_______________________________________

Why's everyone rushing to get attached all of a sudden after high school? Seems like a trend. XD

Take care, everyone.

No comments: